The Dictator in My Head

There is a dictator,
who’s living in my head.
He tells me what to do,
and keeps me awake in bed.

And why I listen to him?
Honestly, I don’t really know
I just do what he tells me to
Why can’t I just let go?

He says: ‘If you let go you’ll be lost’
‘If you let go you’ll go mad’
Facing a wall inside your head?
And I feel all heaven will fall down,
just because that’s what he said


But maybe there is life beyond
these dictator’s walls enclosing me
If I stopped listening to him
then maybe I could be free

I could go and walk in the sun,
enjoy it shining on my face
Just sit down and have some fun
And not be trapped in that small space

It would be like a revolution,
and heaven ‘d rejoice and sing
So why can’t I make the resolution
And for once do my own thing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Walk With God

Gewoon jezelf zijn - waarom ik geen monnik werd

Forests To Grow People