Why do I want to practice mindfulness?

I just want to stop worrying all the time, worrying about whether I am doing things the right way, even worrying about whether I am being mindful enough. I want to stop getting caught up and carried away by ideas all the time. I just wish I would be a little more solid. I wish I could just feel a little more relaxed. I just want to live a simple life, and try to make the right choices, do good for my neighbour, and not worry too much about whether it is good enough.

I know that the most important thing for me, is just to keep my mindfulness, because if I don’t, if I think that there is something so urgent that I have to leave all my resolutions behind, then I know in no time I will end up somewhere with my head in the clouds, and stress in my body. I know that if I can keep my attention here, I will be fine, things will turn out all right one way or another, and I will be safe from harm. I will not lose myself. And I will not achieve great things, the kind of things you read about in books or hear about in the news, but I know that I can at least lead a somewhat happy life, have peace of mind, and just remain calm and relaxed no matter what comes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Walk With God

Gewoon jezelf zijn - waarom ik geen monnik werd

Forests To Grow People